Who should participate in this orientation?
Anyone considering volunteering for Frontier College or new employees of the organization are required to participate. There is no expectation regarding previous knowledge. The orientation will take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete.
By the end of this orientation, successful participants will be able to:
- Name the founder of Frontier College and articulate his vision for the organization.
- Be familiar with the IALSS (International Adult Literacy and Skills Survey) survey and the findings from this survey.
- Name and explain the 3 ways Frontier College goes about accomplishing its mission.
- Identify the approach Frontier College takes to tutoring and list at least 3 characteristics of this approach.
- Describe the benefits of volunteering with Frontier College.